Immigrant Services Calgary will announce the finalists for the 22nd annual Immigrants of Distinction Awards (IDA) at the gala on March 9, 2018 at The Westin Calgary. About 600 guests are expected at the event, including representatives from all levels of government and the corporate and non-profit community.
The Immigrants of Distinction Awards are given to immigrants and refugees for their contribution and dedication to the greater Calgary community and are presented in different categories: Achievement under 35, Arts and Culture, Community Service, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, Lifetime Achievement, Organizational Diversity, and Youth Scholarships.
This year’s theme is “Inspire Support Connect” and the finalists are:
- Achievement under 35: Farrah Al-Alami, Charles Osuji, Hyder Hassan
- Arts and Culture: Olga Semenova, Tayebe Joodaki, Marjan Eggermont
- Community Service: Miroslav Reljic, Atul Kumar Thanki, Sam Nammoura
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Dr.Rupinder Toor, Jane Eruchalu, Swarochish Goswami
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math: Dr. Qiao Sun, Olga Malikova, Dr.Gopal Achari
- Lifetime Achievement: Dr. Kamal Botros, Dr. Thomas Brown
- Organization Diversity: Cinnzeo Bakeries Ltd., Trico Homes
- Youth Scholarships: Kirsty McGowan, Mehul Gupta, Ruth Legese, Kevin Lin, Jenny Liao
Immigrant Services Calgary has been providing a wide range of settlement services to immigrants and refugees since 1977. Its goal is to facilitate a smooth transition of the newcomers to their life in Canada and their successful integration into the community of Calgary.
Tickets for the gala can be purchased online at www.immigrantsofdistinction.com.