Moving to Canada can be both an exciting and challenging experience. Settling in a new country, finding employment, overcoming language and cultural barriers, and accessing social services are just some of the many transitions newcomer families may face. All this can be overwhelming! So, how can you cope with these changes as a newcomer to Canada?
In this webinar & panel discussion, Lucia Scalco, Tyson Dimayuga, Joey Dela Cruz, and Roberto Echeverria from the YMCA GTA Immigrant Services will share how immigrants, adults as well as youths, can take advantage of the FREE support and resources available. Join this session to learn more about how the programs and services can help you achieve your settlement goals in Canada.
The following programs will be presented:
- Next Stop Canada: Online pre-arrival settlement services that prepare you for your new life in Canada before you arrive.
- Newcomer Information Centre: Assists newcomers to find useful information and helpful support in starting their new life in Ontario.
- Language Assessment and Referral Services: Provides immigrants, English, and French language assessments for government-funded programs at no cost in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Newcomer Youth Leadership Development: Offers a safe, supportive, and fun environment where newcomer youths can hang out with new friends, learn new skills and participate in leadership opportunities.
Meet the speakers from YMCA GTA:
- Lucia Scalco – Outreach and Community Engagement Coordinator, Newcomer Information Centre
- Tyson Dimayuga – Community Engagement & Content Specialist, Next Stop Canada
- Joey Dela Cruz – Program Support Specialist, Newcomer Youth Settlement Programs
- Roberto Echeverria – Outreach and Community Relations Coordinator, Language Assessment and Referral Centre
Note: You can ask questions to our guest speaker(s) live during the webinar. Or, send them to us beforehand at firstname.lastname@example.org with a reference to the topic in the subject line of your email.