- This event has passed.
Multicultural Festival and Gourmet Ethno-Food Truck Fair (Port Hope)
June 29 @ 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
The Multicultural day is now in its 5th edition, but this year we are raising the bar and coming with a big changes!
We are forecasting more people than ever to join us in a day of celebration at the Memorial Park Band Shell, June 29, 2019 with the new Multicultural Festival and Gourmet Ethno-Food Truck Fair from 9:00am to 9:00pm
The festival will showcase Multiculturalism and Anti-Racism Initiatives by building bridges to promote intercultural understanding, promoting equal opportunity for individuals of all origins and promoting diversity, citizenship, civic engagement and a healthy democracy. This will have a big impact in all four pillars of our society – people, business, nonprofit and government – to celebrate the ways in which we work together to make Northumberland a prosperous and diverse community.
A colourful day of music and food will enrich the multicultural experience:
- Citizenship Ceremony: Open to the public (weather permiting)
- Gourmet Ethno-Food Trucks Fair. Enjoy Foods from around the world in one place!
- Over a dozen multicultural performances from all ages!
- 7 local groups performing music from Irish to Latin-America’s rhythms, including Wollywood and Salsa classes!
- A concert featuring David Newland featuring the release fo his lates album “Northbound: The Northwest Passage”
David Newland is a writer, musician, speaker, and adventurer based in Cobourg. He writes and performs “Epic Canadian Folk songs” inspired by the history, geography and cultures of Canada.
David is a Fellow of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society, a distinction that reflects a lifelong engagement with landscape and story.
David Newland’s brand-new CD NORTHBOUND: The Northwest Passage in Story and Song was recorded live in Cobourg and created in collaboration with Inuit artists, local musicians and special guests.