- This event has passed.
Webinar – Decoding Unconscious Hiring Bias with Vivian Li and Raj Dam
November 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Research in neuroscience and psychology has highlighted the impact that unconscious bias has on our behaviour and decisions. This impact extends to the workplace and is reflected in day-to-day interactions. In the recruitment process, our unconscious bias can prevent us from fairly evaluating our candidates and offering the job to the best talent.
Join us for this FREE webinar in collaboration with the Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC), as we dive deep into our blind spots and explore ways to remove hiring bias with practical tools. This event is part of the Employer Perspectives webinar series brought to you by the Immigrant Employment Councils of Canada (IECC) and New Canadians.
The Decoding Unconscious Hiring Bias webinar aims to engage employers across small, medium, and large Canadian Organizations to discuss the issues pertaining to implicit bias faced by newcomer professionals, recognize the possible consequences of bias, and develop alternative approaches to minimize the effects of bias on immigrant hiring.
Led by Vivian Li, an HR thought leader in diversity and inclusion, and Raj Dam from TRIEC, the initiative is certain to unbox the challenges and discover ways to mitigate the issues of concern.
Key Discussion Points
- How unconscious bias occurs at various stages of the recruitment process – from job posting to resume screening to interview to job offer
- What are some key questions to ask ourselves to check our blind spots during hiring
- What happens to the diversity of an organization when we are not aware of our implicit biases when hiring
- Tips, strategies, ideas, and experience-sharing to help reduce and remove implicit biases in hiring
- The importance of inclusive hiring and things to take into consideration in building best practices
Who Should Attend?
- Hiring Managers across functions
- HR & Talent Acquisition Professionals
- Diversity and Inclusion Professionals
- Diversity Champions
- Immigrant Professionals