Immigrant Business Expo – Toronto
November 18 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
All the information you need to start, grow, and manage your own small business in Canada.
Organized by New Canadians TV, in collaboration with the City of Toronto and a number of leading immigrant-serving organizations in Toronto, the second annual Immigrant Business Expo (IBE) is a one-day exhibition including workshops and small business clinics assisting new immigrant and refugee business owners.
Date: November 18, 2017; 9:30am to 3:30pm
Venue: Metro Hall, 55 John St. Toronto
Canada has a long and successful history of immigrant entrepreneurship. Many new immigrants and refugees aspire to own a profitable small business. However, there are specific challenges new immigrants face when starting and operating a small business in the Canadian business landscape.
IBE aims to assist new immigrants in navigating the sometimes complex requirements of operating a small business in Canada. IBE will connect them with government-funded and other community services and supports that help newcomers start or grow their own small businesses.
- Panel discussion by leading immigrant entrepreneurs
- Marketplace for immigrant-serving organizations and business service providers that support new immigrants with starting a business in Canada
- Marketplace for immigrant entrepreneurs to showcase their businesses and services
- Workshops on business topics and resources
- Small business clinics with business experts and coaches
Full details and speakers will be announced soon.